We would like to add more Trains 01.03.2013
We would like to add more spots and trains but we have no good material to do that. That's why we need your help if you want to see more trains here. We recorded all videos on this site by ourself, exept the New York videos. And i think you can see the quality difference. We searched on youtube for more material but all stuff there doesn't fits to our requirements.
So if you like to help us and you want to record some videos here are some detailed information how to record good videos and where you can find good filming spots.for a new train we need:
- minimum 3 different videos
- in each video one wagon should be complete visible for 2-6 sec
- one big photo of one wagon in full size ( 1920px*1080px or bigger) in 90 degrees angle (that iss the photo to paint on)
- HD resolution (1920*1090) , half HD (1280*720) only if you got no other possibilities
- film with a tripod, videos filmed by hand are to unstable in most cases. if you don't have a tripod put your camera on a stone or a railing, this is really important.
- one wagon should always be complete visible and as big as possible - very important! -> no cut on left or right side of the wagon
- always choose the same train(same line, same type, same color) AND the same wagon (always the second or always the last) when filming
- don't move the camera with the wagon (if the video is in HD we can crop the video later and move the cam in aftereffects)
- THE wagon should start completely visible on one side of the video and move in 3-6s to the other side, choose your zoom carefully that is fits to that.
- nothing between camera and train (no obstacles, no trees, no gras, no lamps, no houses, no cars) , nothing means really nothing ;)
- camera position should be as far as possible from the train rails (50-100m), the view angle to the rails should be near to 90 degrees
- the best looking movies and the less problems with bad obstacles you get if you film the trains from top
- try to find a house or bridge where your position is higher then the train
- on bridges it is easy to use the railing as a tripod
- try to search nice spots inside a city and with good looking background, for example if you are in paris try to have the Eifel Tower behind the train so that you can see where the video is from
- a good filming spot is a bridge on the main rails near the main train station, you got trains every 1-2 min
We made a small pdf for better understanding:
How To PDF
Thank you in advance